by Thought Catalog
View original post 1,659 more words
View original post 1,659 more words
It’s hard to say no sometimes, especially when the request is coming from a person you have feelings for. Whether it’s lust, like or love, they have a tight grasp on your emotions and when they come calling, you can’t even spell “no.” Sure whenever it’s you sending texts and invites to spend time, you get blown off, but that won’t matter or persuade you to resist. Short notice? You’ll still be there in a heartbeat.
The worst part is the regret afterwards. You spent time when it was convenient for them even though you know damn well that they aren’t willing to return the favor in the future. Hopefully the quick fix is worth it because now the person you’re addicted to is gone and you have no idea when you’ll get your next injection of their attention to ease your burning habit.
You’ll convince yourself that…
View original post 701 more words
1. You feel compelled to be loyal.
2. You think of ways you will love them more than you think of the ways you hope they will love you.
3. You start compromising on things you thought you wouldn’t.
4. You’re happy when they are, because they are.
5. There is a sense of peace and ease that comes with the thought of them.
6. You feel challenged to be better.
7. You allow yourself to be vulnerable because you feel accepted unconditionally.
8. All of a sudden, you understand why so many people settle down.
9. You have a newfound understanding of and appreciation for your previously detrimental failed attempts at love.
10. Every part of this person enamors you. This is especially true in the beginning.
11. You keep coming back, no matter how hard it gets (and it will get hard).
12. You start counting the miles…
View original post 126 more words
1. Makes people willing to put even the most coveted things at stake.
2. Unifies through the only commonality needed to understand one another.
3. Creates an inner warmth and willingness to be loving and kind to others.
4. Makes every one of life’s hardships and tragedies seem worth it.
5. Provides a sense of purpose.
6. Compels so deeply you’d risk or give your life.
7. Makes the coy outspoken and the outgoing coy.
8. Reforms the jaded and hopeless.
9. Puts people in touch with their true selves.
10. Accepts without condition.
11. Embraces what is, and people as they are.
12. Is unwavering with compassion and forgiveness.
13. Is willing to let go if need be.
14. Connects people of all races and creeds.
15. Unites countries and peoples otherwise wartorn and separate.
16. Uncovers what’s most true.
17. Makes people completely reform their ideas of what is “attractive.”
View original post 110 more words
There is a moment.
Of course there are infinite moments, but there is one particular kind that is especially difficult to pinpoint once it has passed. It is the moment when love clicks. It’s hard to pinpoint simply because the sensation it renders quickly leaks and spreads into the moments to follow, whether that be days, months, or years. In that instant, love is all you know and that clarity is all you need. But as time goes on, love may resurface with new rationale or grow in new and unexpected ways, so how could one possibly remember when love initially clicked?
It might be the moment when they remind you about a piece of yourself that you’d buried deep for some time, and it resurfaces because they recognize it as beautiful. It might be the moment when they make you laugh so hard that you taste the salt of…
View original post 181 more words